Osteria Alfredo hosted the Dancing for the Dogs group last Saturday. Alfredo and Patty are supporters and dog lovers. Check out the article from the Star Democrat....
EASTON — Local celebrities dancing in the third annual Dancing for the Dogs competition were announced Saturday, Jan. 11,at the event kick-off party, hosted by Osteria Alfredo restaurant. Competing in this year’s event and partnered with professional dance instructors are:
- Susan Delean Botkin, physician assistant at Family Care of Easton, with partner Jeff Calloway
- Paul Cullen, musician, with partner Nathalie Derakshani
- Lee Denny, owner of Performance Business Consulting, with partner Shari Smigo
- Laurie Forster, comedian, sommelier, author and radio show host, with partner Diego Guzman
- Tony Gianninoto, retired educator from Caroline County Public Schools, with partner Sandra Showell
- Bob Greenlee, owner of The Greenlee Group Inc. and Oxford Commercial LLC, with partner Lucia Calloway
- Ryan Groll, fitness director at Hearthstone Health and Fitness, with partner Cora Miles
- Roger Harrell, chief public health official for Dorchester County, with partner Tori Doyle
- Aaron Hutt, tennis pro and co-owner of CrossFit Gym, with partner Stevie Rodis
- Lisa Morgan, senior vice president and wealth director for PNC Wealth Management, with partner Darryl Calloway
- Patricia Murray, founder/president of The Murray-Wood Foundation, with partner Ron Zigland
- Maureen Scott-Taylor, radio show host for WCEI, with partner Hugo Hernandez
- Barry VanVechten, assistant director at the Calhoon MEBA Engineering School, with partner Aggie Beletsky
Presented by the Foundation for Community Partnerships Inc. and Partners for Paws Endowment, Dancing for the Dogs will be held at the Tidewater Inn from 7 to 11 p.m. Saturday, March 15. The selected beneficiaries for this year’s fundraiser are the Talbot and Caroline humane societies, and TomCat Solutions. The event will feature a cocktail hour and hors d’oeuvres, the dancing competition, intermission entertainment, silent auction items, and music and dancing after the winners of the competition are announced.
Dancing for the Dogs is modeled after the television dance competition, “Dancing with the Stars.” Local celebrities are partnered with professional dance instructors, competing for the overall grand champion title. The winner is determined not only by judges’ scores of each dance performance, but by fundraising totals of donations for each celebrity as well, including public votes in the form of dollars.
Voting takes place both at the event and on the Dancing for the Dogs website prior to the competition. Proceeds from silent auction donations and program advertising placed in a celebrity’s name also are figured in to fundraising totals.
To vote for your favorite celebrity dancer, visit www.dancingforthedogs.com. For information on program advertising or silent auction donation, contact Peggy Geisler, event chairman, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-310-5969.